The Simons Foundation’s Mathematics and Physical Sciences (MPS) division invites applications for its new Targeted Grants in MPS program.
Fields of Research:
The program is intended to support high-risk projects of exceptional promise and scientific importance on a case-by-case basis in the fields of:
- Theoretical Mathematics,
- Physics and
- Computer Science
- Applications may be submitted by established U.S. and foreign public and private educational institutions and stand-alone research centers.
- PIs and co-Investigators must have a Ph.D. and a tenure-track or tenured position at said institutions or centers.
- There are no citizenship or department requirements for PIs.
- The Targeted Grant in MPS program provides funding for up to five years.
- The funding level and duration is flexible and should be appropriate based on the type of support requested in the proposal.
- There is no recommended or assumed funding level for this program.
- Allowable expenses include:
- Up to one month of summer salary and related benefits per year for the PI and any co-Investigator(s).
- Domestic or international travel for the PI and co-Investigator(s).
- Research equipment, experiments, computations and other expenses directly benefiting the research.
- Salary support and related benefits, including tuition support, for staff/research scientists, postdoctoral fellows and research associates, graduate students or undergraduate research assistants.
Applicants must submit a Letter of Intent (LOI) through proposalCENTRAL (https://proposalcentral.altum.com/default.asp).
The deadline is rolling and an LOI can be submitted at any time.