Celebrating successful technology translation efforts
In conjunction with New Jersey STEM Week (March 9-18, 2018), PRISM is hosting its Annual Research Symposium on March 13-14, 2018 at Princeton University in Maeder Hall Auditorium. Faculty, students, staff and collaborators will discuss current materials science research, technology and engineering programs, progress and future directions. Talks will highlight successful research collaborations and technology outreach efforts, as well as opportunities for new joint collaborations. Keynote talks will feature technical leaders from industry, national labs and academia, and will explore promising opportunities that build on materials characterization, synthesis and processing that range from atomic- to world-scale, and ultimately are translated into real-world use.
Organized around four half-day sessions
- Celebrating 30 Years of Materials Innovation, Technology Translation and Entrepreneurship at PRISM,
- Soft Materials for Polymer and Biological Systems,
- New Faculty Research and Directions, and
- Photonics Research and Applications.
The program also includes
- A PRISM Roundtable on technology Innovation and translation efforts to speed technology out of the lab and into commercial use through collaborations with small and large companies, and encouragement of home-grown entrepreneurs and technology company spin-outs.
- A reception and poster session will be held on the evening of March 13 to highlight on-going graduate and undergraduate research projects and STEM education.
- Tours of PRISM's new multi-user facilities – Imaging and Analysis Center, Micro- and Nano-Fabrication Laboratory, Packaging and Soft Materials Processing Labs - are scheduled on both days.