- Internal Nominations Due: November 30, 2020
- Award Amount: Winners--$30,000; Finalists--$10,000
The Blavatnik Awards for Young Scientists – Regional Postdoctoral Competition provide $30K in unrestricted funds to three winners, or $10K in unrestricted funds to six finalists, performing research in one of the disciplinary categories within the program’s supported fields of Life Sciences, Physical Sciences & Engineering, or Chemistry.
Fields of Research:
- The nominee must:
- Have been born in or after 1979.
- Hold a doctoral degree (PhD, DPhil, MD, DDS, DVM, etc.).
- Hold a postdoctoral position at a selected academic or research institution located in New York, New Jersey, or Connecticut.
- Currently conduct research in one of the disciplinary categories in Life Sciences, Physical Sciences & Engineering, or Chemistry.
- Be able to submit at least one publication published during the postdoctoral period.
- Previously nominated individuals who were not selected as winners or finalists of the Blavatnik Awards may be nominated again.
- The Blavatnik Awards strongly encourages institutional nominators to diversify the population of candidates nominated for this Award.
- Age limit exceptions will be considered in exceptional circumstances upon a detailed written submission from the nominating institution received by the Academy no later than Wednesday, January 13, 2021.
The award provides $30K (to three winners) or $10K (to six finalists) in unrestricted funds. (For detailed Foundation guidelines, please follow this link.)
This is a limited submission opportunity; the University may nominate up to 15 candidates for this award. In consultation with the Limited Submissions Prize Committee, the Dean for Research will select the candidates who will be formally nominated by the University.
Department Chairs may nominate candidates by emailing the following materials in a single PDF document (in the order outlined) to email@example.com on or before 5 p.m. on the Internal Deadline, below:
- A statement of endorsement from the Chair;
- Nominee’s curriculum vitae;
- A summary of the candidate’s research activities and achievements.
Self-nominations are not allowed. Nominees do not submit their own nomination materials and should direct all questions to their institution's official nominator (me).
Click here for a list of Frequently Asked Questions regarding this program.
Note for Department Chairs: If you will be nominating more than one candidate from your department, please forward me, by a separate email, a ranked listing of the candidates.
Assistance with Application: The Corporate Engagement and Foundation Relations team is available to assist faculty with proposal development and submission. We welcome the opportunity to work with you - please call me at x8-9944 if you would like assistance.
- Internal Deadline: 5:00 p.m. on Monday, November 30, 2020
- The deadline to submit applications to the Foundation is Wednesday, January 27, 2021. I will submit these applications.
- Letters of support must be submitted to the Foundation by February 10, 2021.