The Ho-Am Prize was established in 1990 by Kun-Hee Lee, the Chairman of Samsung, with a vision to create a new corporate culture that continues the noble spirit of public service espoused by the late Chairman Byung-chull Lee, founder of Samsung.
The Prize, named after the late Chairman's pen name, is presented each year to individuals who have contributed to academics, the arts, and social development, or who have furthered the welfare of humanity through distinguished accomplishments in their respective professional fields.
- The Arts: The Prize for The Arts encompasses broad areas of arts activities including literature, music, painting, design, dance and theater. The Prize is awarded to people of Korean heritage who have contributed to the enrichment of culture and arts for humankind.
- Community Service: The Prize for Community Service is awarded to individuals or organizations, regardless of nationality, that have promoted the welfare of Korean society through dedicated philanthropic activities and selfless efforts for the betterment of our community.
- Korean citizens or people of Korean heritage (except in Community Service, in which foreigners who make contributions to Koreans at home and abroad may be nominated).
- Candidates must be alive at the deadline date of nominations.
- Candidates with accomplishments and accumulated expertise who have contributed to society in their respective fields, and whose accumulated expertise that has been highly evaluated socially.
- Candidates with distinguished contributions to the nation and humanity through clearly creative mentality and spirit of service.
Recipients of the Ho-Am Prize are each presented with diploma, a pure gold medal (187.5 g) and a cash prize of 300 million KRW (approx. 275,000 USD).
Ho-Am Prize candidate nominations may be made online or offline. A nominator can recommend only one candidate in each field. List of nominators includes experts or individuals holding established positions in academia.
- Online: Please submit candidate nominations using the online system by the deadline below.
- Offline: Please prepare the following materials for nomination and return to the Ho-Am Foundation by the deadline below.
- Official Nomination Form (The Arts, Community Service)
- E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Mailing Address: 6th Fl., Seocho Tower, 4, Seocho-daero 74-gil Seocho-gu, Seoul 06620, Korea.
Documentation of Evidence:
In The Arts and Community Service: Documentation approving accomplishments.
The Corporate Engagement and Foundations Relations team is available to assist faculty with proposal development and submission. We welcome the opportunity to work with you. Please call or email Benjamin Kim at 8-5965 or email@example.com if you would like to discuss this funding opportunity further.
Nomination deadline is October 31, 2020.