Alkermes, Inc. has announced a new request for proposals (RFP) for Investigator Sponsored Studies (ISS) in Substance Abuse Disorders and in Schizophrenia.
Fields of Research:
Alkermes has announced a Request for Proposals (RFP) for research in key clinical areas where gaps in data have been identified, focusing on areas where Alkermes support could potentially have the greatest impact on improved patient care and outcomes.
Grants awarded as a result of this RFP are awarded solely for the purpose of advancement of basic research or enhancement of disease understanding or clinical outcomes. Alkermes can provide ARISTADA® & ARISTADA INITIO®, VIVITROL® and/or placebo to the ISS programs it supports.
Alkermes seeks to support investigator research designed and conducted by experienced scientists based in the U.S. who have an established history of successfully receiving independent funding.
Areas of Interest
Substance Use Disorders
- Improving treatment initiation and adherence in alcohol use disorder (AUD)/opioid use disorder (OUD)
- Long-term treatment outcomes, including real world data in AUD/OUD
- Neurologic profile of early recovery in OUD, including but not limited to sleep, cognition, and craving
- Digital technologies for assessment of physiological parameters (e.g. wearables) and/or treatment access and outcomes (e.g. telehealth) in AUD/OUD
- Implementing medication for AUD in healthcare systems
- Reduction in social burden (e.g. family, treatment team) through use of long-acting injectable antipsychotics (LAIs)
- Demonstration of LAI benefits in specific comorbidities of schizophrenia (e.g. persistent substance problems) or subpopulations (e.g. persons with schizophrenia over the age of 60)
- Short-term and long-term economic and clinical outcomes of LAI treatment in schizophrenia using real-world data
- Outcomes research in schizophrenia and LAI use supporting continuity of care utilizing telehealth or other innovative technology-based approaches
ISS applications are reviewed by a cross functional team of medical and scientific staff to consider patient safety, operational feasibility, scientific merit, and alignment with Alkermes research goals and needs.
- Applicants must be experienced scientists based in the U.S. who have an established history of successfully receiving independent funding.
- Applicants may apply in either or both of the Areas of Interest (AUD/OUD & Schizophrenia); Alkermes will make one award of up to $300,000 in each Area.
- Financial support for this RFPs is limited to $300,000 USD, inclusive of indirect costs.
- Alkermes can provide ARISTADA® (aripiprazole lauroxil) & ARISTADA INITIO® (aripiprazole lauroxil), VIVITROL® (naltrexone for extended-release injectable suspension) and/or placebo as part of the RFP program.
- PIs must submit requests online at https://ISS.Alkermes.com.
- All submissions should be in concept form. Full proposals will be requested in November 2020 from select researchers once the initial review has been completed by the Alkermes ISS Committee.
- Reference the RFP # “2020-RFP-SCH” or “2020-RFP-AUD” in the title when submitting through the portal.
See https://www.alkermes.com/responsibility/investigator-sponsored-studies# for more information. Questions should be sent to ISS@Alkermes.com.
Assistance with Application: The Corporate Engagement and Foundation Relations team is available to assist faculty with proposal development and submission. We welcome the opportunity to work with you - please call me at x8-9944 if you would like assistance.
- Concept is due no later than Friday, October 30, 2020.
- Full proposals will be requested in November 2020 from selected applicants.